It’s OK: I’m an introvert. I have lived alone for 20 yrs. I’m used to it. And I probably look better in a mask.
So: who am I? Like you, a work in progress; a cosmic experiment; undefined. But for those who prefer more conventional handles upon identity, here is a list of some things I do, practice, love, and occasionally know:
- Psychotherapeutic Counselor: I have worked with depressed people, anxious people, and people undergoing major life changes, challenges, and crises. I have an M.A. degree from Long Island University in clinical psychology, and have worked in private practice as a therapist with a loosely Jungian perspective. My approach here is to open a safe space in which clients can freely explore and separate from the addictive and co-dependent aspects of modern culture, through the dispersion of self-images, emotional dogma, and institutional affiliation.
- Meditation teacher: I have worked with individuals and groups; and written a good deal on this broadly-misunderstood practice. Here is an introduction.
- I Ching advisor and counselor: I’ve worked for decades with the 5,000 year old Chinese oracle and have studied with Carol Anthony and Hanna Moog of the I Ching Institute. A brief summary of how I approach the I Ching.
- Wordsmith: Editor of two print books and an abundance of online and corporate content. Author of four books, two currently in print.
- Technologist: I’m not really a geek — though many would perceive me as exactly that (the term geek is actually an honorific for those who write code, program and administer systems, and otherwise manage the growth and health of technology’s “inner body”). But I have worked in Tech for many years as a tech writer, tester, manager, Business Analyst, content management specialist, and all-around “techno-therapist.” The tech page here will reveal some of my experience and interests in this sphere.
I am available for personal counseling and psychotherapy via Skype, Zoom, or phone. You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate this process.